Ten Reasons Why You Should Learn Transcendental Meditation
Meditation And Spirituality 10/30/07
By: Asif Raza
A form of meditation in which a holy word, hymn, or sound is repeated silently to make spiritual power possible and transformation of consciousness. It is a mental technique practiced for 20 minutes twice a day while sitting with the eyes closed, enabling the mind to "transcend" for deep rest and makes contact with real world. In this way Transcendental Meditation is considered to be effortless, it is neither involving concentration nor contemplation. This technique is said to have been practiced by six million people worldwide. Over 200 research papers have been conducted on the Transcendental Meditation.
Regular practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique leads to collective effects on both mind and behavior including reduction of high blood pressure, younger biological age, decreased insomnia, reduction of high cholesterol, reduced illness and medical expenditures, decreased outpatient visits, decreased cigarette smoking, decreased alcohol use, and decreased anxiety.
1. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Simple and Pleasing: People of all cultures, ages and educational backgrounds can put into practice this natural, easy, effortless technique while sitting happily for 20 minutes two times a day.
2. Instant Benefits: YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll observe constructive and positive changes inside your personality and behavior within first few days and the benefits will continue with the passage of time in future.
3. Improved Health: You will feel light, relax, more energetic and full of life. It will improve your resistance against diseases and overturn age factor.
4. Personal Development: YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll experience sublime and divine Consciousness at the simple and peaceful level of your mind, and start growing towards higher state of consciousnessÃ¢â‚¬â€enlightenment.
5. Reflective and Lucid Thinking: It broadens your mental potential, sharpen your intelligence, illuminate your intellect, improve your memory and energize creativity.
6. More Gratifying Relations: You will enjoy lasting friendships, greater than before tolerance, more self-confidence and less and anxiety.
7. Exclusively Helpful and Valuable: No other technique has been verified by scientific research to consistently produce such a wide range of psychological and personal development and benefits.
8. Transformation: Firstly decide what you desire for and then start on to achieve it with the regular practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique.
9. Success without Stress: Do less and achieve more by growing your creativity and efficiency in your professional life.
10. Preach World of Values: Always contribute your share to world peace simply by reducing your own stress and tensions and advocate harmony and tolerance and brotherhood for better world.