A lucid dreaming is a state of consciousness in which the person is alert that he is dreaming while the dream is in progress. Lucid dreams usually occur when a person is dreaming and suddenly realizes that he is sleeping and must be dreaming. In this condition, he is said to be “lucid,”
Broadly speaking, there are two levels of lucid dreaming: At the lowest level, the dreamer may be vaguely conscious that he is dreaming, he can not realize that people, events and actions in the dream are not real.
At the highest level, he is fully aware of his sleeping state; even he can run his actions rationally in order to control his dream characters and environment.
By applying lucid dreaming technique, now it is possible to control your dreams. You can get command over this technique by operating following 5 steps.
1. Do write your dreams regularly. It develops a base for lucid dreaming. You can also use recording device to record your dream. It helps you to understand lucid dreaming in better and easy way. .
2. Be attentive about your sleeping schedules, it will help you inn arranging your sleep pattern in order to trigger lucid dreams. By doing this, you can find out the best time of night for lucid dreaming. By the research Studies strongly recommend that a sleep, 2 or 3 hours before getting up in the morning, is the most frequent time to have a lucid dream.
3. Develop a habit of reality checks. These checks will inform you that you are dreaming, allowing you to become lucid. But in order to perform a reality check in a dream, a person must first develop a habit of doing reality checks in our factual life.
“A reality check includes looking for ‘dream signs,’ or things that would not normally exist in real life. When these actions become habit, a person will begin to do them in her or his dreams, and can come to the conclusion that he/she is dreaming.”
You can perform reality checks by:
Ã¯”šÂ§ Looking at mirror as your image appear fuzzy in a dreams,
Ã¯”šÂ§ Looking at a clock to observe if it is not moving forward,
Ã¯”šÂ§ Squeezing your nose closed and trying to breathe,
Ã¯”šÂ§ Jumping up in the air etc
4. Lucid dreaming may be supportive for those who frequently experience dreadful events and nightmares, as it provides them a chance to take control of their dreams.
5. Do not drink any liquids for one hour before sleeping.
6. If you wake up after completing your sleep naturally, focus your eyes on the first object you perceive as you open your eyes. Observe the object and focus on it. It will help you to take the recollection of your dream.
7. You can make your mind up what you want to get in a lucid dream. In this way when you become lucid in a dream, you already know what you want to achieve.
8. It is a good idea to get up deliberately 1 or 2 minutes after becoming lucid – when you have experienced what you want to experience. When you wake up with the dream, it will be very fresh in your mind with excellent recollection. If you do not wake up immediately, the dream may disappear form your memory slowly and gradually.