Pumping oxygenated blood to the entire body, pumping hormones and vital substances to every part, Carrying the deoxygenated blood and waste from all around the body, and pumping it to the lungs for oxygenation, maintaining the blood pressure of the body, makes you feel butterflies, carries all that sadness in itself, and works 24/7/365 for you. Would anybody else do that for you? I know that you know the answer. So when someone is working so hard for you, isn’t this your duty to keep it healthy? You have been carrying too many pounds, drinking, smoking, eating badly and this has harmed your heart in many ways. I know you haven’t thought that much but don’t overthink now. It’s not too late to replenish it with care. Here are some very easy to do yoga steps that will strengthen your heart muscles and make it healthy.
Yoga for a healthier heart
- The mountain pose (Tadasana) - will provide the necessary strength to your heart.
- Extended hands and feet pose (utthita hastapadasana) - helps you control weight and thus keeps your heart healthy.
- Extended triangle pose (utthita trikonasana) - this is the most recommended heart-opening yoga.
- Triangle pose (Trikonasana) - promotes cardiovascular exercises and increases the stamina of your heart.
- Warrior pose (virabhadrasana) - improves blood circulation and keeps the heart rate in check.
- Chair pose (utkatasana) - this stimulates the heart and stretches your chest.
- Bow pose (dhanurasana) - strengthens and opens up the heart region.
Habits to learn and avoidLet’s start with some habits that you should avoid
- Avoid or limit the amount of red meat that you eat.
- Avoid overconsumption of processed food.
- Avoid foods that are high in sodium.
- Avoid drinking too much soda.
- Avoid sitting for longer hours.
- Fill yourself with fruits and vegetables.
- Get good sleep.
- Take 5 minutes to walk if you have long sitting hours.
- You can add fish to your diet.
- Go nuts and eat a whole lot of almonds, walnuts, and other dry fruits that contain fiber.