Starting with this question – what exactly is the self-hypnosis? You might think that it is giving the advice and suggestion to yourself and in a way, you are right about it. However, unlike auto suggestion, which is giving yourself suggestions or affirmations in the alert state, self-hypnosis, is where you give yourself suggestions in hypnotic state. The hypnotic state that you have created yourself rather than a hypnotist or hypnotherapist. It connects you with your sub-consciousness of thought, memories, beliefs and emotions that shape you. I would be discussing the stages of self-hypnosis.
Get the internet’s best tools for hypnosis- https://unexplainable.com/item/self-hypnosis-isochronic-203
• First step is preparation. Preconditions are very important to keep in mind so you can nail your self-hypnosis. You have to find a place where there is no distraction. It needs to be quiet and peaceful. Your calmness plays a huge role here.
• You have to imagine your goal and concentrate on what you want to achieve. What exactly you are seeking from yourself.
• You have to fix your attention on a spot above the height of your eyes.
• Tell yourself that you are focusing harder with each second passing by. The harder you will focus, heavier your eyelids feel and you tend to close your eyes.
• You have to be relaxed mentally and physically. Take deep breaths and let the relaxation spread through your legs. You have to feel the sensation from your feet, to chest to all way up your head.
• Once you have reached that level of relaxation, you have to find your peaceful place in your mind. It can be beach or some Switzerland greenery, anywhere. Take time to appreciate the beauty of the place.
• Then comes the best part. When you tell yourself to ‘let go’, to let go the thoughts that have been holding you back. Let go the insecurities you are trying to fight, let go the pain you are going through.
• Another easier way of going deeper in the self-hypnosis is to make an audio for yourself where you can guide your attention and give yourself the suggestions to treat a specific problem or simply achieving some personal development. It is all about focusing your attention on what is important.
• Last step is to exit when you are ready. If you want to come back. Tell yourself that you will become aware of the surrounding at the count of five.
Self-hypnosis has been prominent in front of public, on and off for few centuries now. Media have exacerbated the myths and fantasies about self-hypnosis. This is the reason many people do not believe that it actually works. I will be presenting some researches to try to make you believe in it for your own good.
• Self-hypnosis is a great remedy for pain management. To conduct research about how it helped managing pain during the childbirth, researchers randomly selected 48 women from the 343. Women, who thought that they managed the pain quite well, concluded that self- hypnosis supported their childbirth. https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-015-0659-0
• It was investigated if hypnosis reduces anxiety or depression. 44 patients were undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG). Half of them received a hypnosis session and the other half was given the information on the surgery. First group had significantly lower level of anxiety and depression than second group.
• Breast cancer survivor face this problem of hot flashes and psychological problem of anxiety and depression. Seems like hypnosis even got this covered. 60 females were part of research. The group who received the hypnosis therapy decreased hot flashes by 69%. In addition, there were some additional benefits of treatment of anxiety and depression.
Self-hypnosis indeed is useful for boosting your confidence and motivating you to adapt a healthy lifestyle. It has actually helped many people. Why not try it and take advantage of this beautiful gift from God. So enjoy your self-hypnosis now: https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/JCO.2008.16.6389?rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org