Did you require any external effort to grow your hair? Or to grow the length of your body? It all happened naturally. It seems that the creator of this body is functioning from within us. Because we did not need any external efforts, it all happened from within. If it is so, there won’t be any problem in fixing the minor issues we have with our bodies. As the creator lies within, it is in our hands that we allow it to function properly.
Shambhavi Mahamudra is a simple technique to create a passage so that our core functions properly. Shambhavi Mahamudra helps us to align the four bodies, i.e., the physical body, the mental body, the pranic body, and the etheric body, so that our innermost core which is the bliss body, finds expression.
Why Shambhavi Mahamudra?
~ Do you know that your eyes were designed to see light only for 10 to 12 hours, and to rest or to be in dim light for the rest?
~ Did you know that your ears were designed to hear a sound naturally made, and feel the quiet for the rest of the time?
You probably didn’t. As the time is changing, we are constantly giving load to our eyes and the noise is always around. We were never designed to give so much load, and now it is consuming energy more than we can and should give.
Even science approves of it
Scientific researches have shown that people who practiced Shambhavi Mahamudra have better Cortisol awakening response (CAR) than who didn’t. Cortisol awakening response measures different levels of your wakefulness.
It is proved that if you practice Shambhavi Mahamudra, every day after waking up, just for 30 minutes you will have a better CAR than others.
How to do Shambhavi Mahamudra?
- Sit in meditative poses like Sukhasana or padmasana, comfortably.
- Do Jnana or chin mudra using your fingers.
- Try to focus your vision in between the eyebrows (Roll your eye up towards the center of your eyebrows). It looks like a V-shaped line with a dip at the center.
- Chant OM to maintain your focus, let go of any thoughts and try to gaze at the V-point.
- Breathe normally while you meditate. If you experience any discomfort, relax your eyes, and then try again.
- If you can do this with open eyes, soon you will be able to do this with your eyes closed.
- Release yourself from the Jnana mudra, remove your gaze, and relax.
- After 90 days of practice, you will be almost 6 years younger (your DNA shows).
- Your CAR will be higher.
- Your inflammatory markers will improve.
- Your level of calmness increases even when your brain is working.
People often mix their possibilities with their problems. Shambhavi Mahamudra is to ‘enhance the possibility and still not to have any problem with it.’ It is not just another practice, it has now become a necessity of life.