Last Updated on November 23, 2020 by admin
You might have been hearing this since you were a kid that you need to wake up early. Many of us never get the logic behind this. You probably hate the idea of early office hours.
Many of you do wake up early but just for the sake of work. Has the thought ever crossed your mind that why do we need to wake up early? Why do we have early office hours? Why do we need to do everything early in the morning?
Today I am going to discuss one such topic with you that will answer all the above questions. We will understand what happens when we wake up early.
The reason behind waking up early
Well, there are numerous benefits that we get if we wake up early. Some of them are:
- You enjoy the peace and quiet that you don’t get to feel at any other time of the day.
- You have a hassle-free start to your day. This in turn keeps you calm and positive.
- You gain a much healthier lifestyle.
- You are more proactive.
But you might have heard all these reasons and they don’t seem to be enough for you. You are probably a late-night worker and prefer to be that way. You still get your work done on time. So why does it still matter to wake up early? Even though it may seem okay to finish your work at night and sleep during the day, there is a very important thing you are missing. Let’s understand the science and spirituality behind this.
Understand the importance of the sattvic hour
What is sattvic hour? The sattvic hour is the early morning time from 4 a.m to 6 a.m. Ancient yogis explained a deeper meaning behind waking up during the sattvic hour.
- It gives you access to the magic that flows in the air during the sattvic hour. It has mystical energy that is different from any other time of the day.
- There are three kinds of energies found in nature. Tamas, rajas, sattva. Sattva is the energy of peace, harmony, and purity. It is activated when we are doing calm activities. And what time is it? The morning of course.
This golden hour is the cusp between the motion of life and stillness of sleep. The time when you have the awakening energy to start but not enough to be fully active. You feel a pristine serenity, the air feels sacred. You don’t get that any other time of the day.
If we wake up at this hour, it becomes easier for us to tap into the sattvic energy that can bring tremendous harmony to our life.
There are several practices that you can do during the sattvic hour to get the sattvic energy. Meditation is again the best thing to practice during this hour, Qi gong meditation being the highest recommended.