1. Consciousness is the self.
2. (Ordinary) knowledge consists of associations.
3. Sets of axioms generate structures.
4. The ground of knowledge is matrka (Universal Mother).
5. The upsurge (of consciousness) is Bhairava.
6. By union with the energy centers one withdraws from the universe.
7. Even during waking, sleep, and deep sleep one can experience the fourth state (transcending consciousness).
8. (Sensory) knowledge is obtained in the waking state.
9. Dreaming is free ranging of thoughts.
10. Deep sleep is maya, the irrational.
11. The experiencer of the three states is the lord of the senses.
12. The domain of the union is an astonishment.
13. The power of the will is the playful uma.
14. The observed has a structure.
15. By fixing the mind on its core one can comprehend perceivable and emptiness.
16. Or by contemplating the pure principle one is free of the power that binds (to associations).
17. Right discernment is the knowledge of the self.
18. The bliss of the sight is the joy of samadhi.
19. The body emerges when the energies unite.
20. Elements unite, elements separate, and the universe is gathered.
21. Pure knowledge leads to a mastery of the wheel (of energies).
22. The great lake (of space-time) is experienced through the power of mantra.
Section II- The emergence of innate knowledge
1. The mind is mantra. 2. Effort leads to attainment.
3. The secret of mantra is the being of the
body of knowledge.
4. The emergence of the mind in the womb
is the forgetting of common knowledge.
5. When the knowledge of one’s self arises
one moves in the sky of consciousness
—the Shiva’s state.
6. The guru is the means.
7. The awakening of the wheel of
matdrka (the elemental energies).
8. The body is the oblation. 9. The food is knowledge.
10. With the extinction of knowledge
emerges the vision of emptiness.
Section III- The transformations of the
1. The mind is the self.
2. (Material) knowledge is bondage
3. Maya is the lack of discernment
of the principles of transformation.
4. The transformation is stopped in
5. The quieting of the vital channels,
the mastery of the elements, the
withdrawal from the elements, and
the separation of the elements.
6. Perfection is through the veil
7. Overcoming delusion and by
extension innate knowledge is achieved.
8. Waking is the second ray
(of consciousness). 9. The self is the actor.
10. The inner self is the stage. 11. The senses are the spectators.
12. The pure state is achieved by the
power of the intellect. 13. Freedom (creativity) is achieved.
14. As here so elsewhere. 15. Emission (of consciousness) is the
way of nature and so what is not
external is seen as external.
16. Attention to the seed.
17. Seated one sinks effortlessly
into the lake (of consciousness).
18. The measure of consciousness fashions the world.
19. As (limited) knowledge is transcended, birth is transcended.
20. Maheshvari and other mothers (sources) of beings reside in the sound elements.
21. The fourth (state of consciousness) should be used to oil the (other) three
(states of consciousness).
22. Absorbed (in his nature), one must penetrate (the phonemes) with one’s mind.
23. The lower plane arises in the center (of the phoneme).
24. A balanced breathing leads to a balanced vision.
25. What was destroyed rises again by the joining of perceptions with the objects
26. He becomes like Shiva.
27. The activity of the body is the vow.
28. The recitation of the mantras is the discourse.
29. Self-knowledge is the boon.
30. He who is established is the means and knowledge.
31. The universe is the aggregate of his powers.
32. Persistence and absorption.
33. Even when this (maintenance and dissolution) there is no break (in awareness)
due to the perceiving subjectivity.
34. The feeling of pleasure and pain is external.
35. The one who is free of that is alone (with consciousness).
36. A mass of delusion the mind is subject to activity.
37. When separateness is gone, action can lead to creation.
38. The power to create is based on one’s own experience.
39. That which precedes the three (states of consciousness) vitalizes them.
40. The same stability of mind (should permeate) the body, senses and external
41. Craving leads to the extroversion of the inner process.
42. When established in pure awareness, (the craving) is destroyed and the
individual ceases to exist.
43. Although cloaked in the elements one is not free, but, like the lord, one
44. The link with the vital breath is natural.
45. Concentrating on the center within the nose, what use are the left and the right
channels or sushumna?
46. May (the individual) merge (in the lord) once again.