In the Bible, angels were mentioned under different circumstances. They delivered important news and were faithful to God. In this article, you will also learn more facts about angels, as well as accompanying passages in the Bible.
7) There were so many angels that there were too numerous to get an exact count. We know this because in Psalm 68:17, it is stated, “The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands …” In Hebrews 12:22, it is said “But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly …”
8) According to Revelation 5:11-12, it is stated that the majority of angels remained faithful to God: “Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”
9) According to Luke 2:10-14, the announcement of Jesus’ birth was delivered by angels:
“10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
10) There are many different references made to angels in various religious and non-religious texts. They have been called ministers in God’s spiritual service, sons of God, chariots, sons of the mighty, military hosts, messengers, and watchers or supervisors for God.
11) According to Matthew 22:30, angels do not take a mate and marry: “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”