Crop Circles a Hoax? – KeelyNet 08/29/02
This file was originally posted on the KeelyNet BBS as CIRCLES1.ASC on December 16, 1990.
The concepts in this document are based on known and current technologies and capabilities as extrapolated by Jerry Decker, Cheyenne Turner, Ron Barker, Chuck Henderson, and brought up in discussions with various other associates of KeelyNet and Vanguard Sciences.
It is offered to the public as a VERY RATIONAL alternative to the current UFO speculations regarding the crop circles.
By now, most people are aware of the mysterious crop circles which have appeared in England and now are showing up in the United States. The patterns began with simple circles that have now become complex patterns including lines and intricate designs.
The circles appear in wheat fields in the form of wheat stalks that are pressed down; usually in a swirling pattern having rotations in either a counter-clockwise or clockwise direction.
Both mystical and pseudo-scientific relationships have been attached including :
- 1) herds of mating hedgehogs,
- 2) violent atmospheric disturbances,
- 3) lung-mei (earth energies most commonly referred to as dragon currents) linked to megalithic sites,
- 4) UFO landing sites
- 5) hoaxers
Specific observations regarding the circles
- 1) There are NO vehicle tracks or footprints leading into or out of the fields when the circles appear.
- 2) The circles appear within a very short period of time. The best estimate I have seen between creation and observation of a circle is within an hour.
- 3) The circles ALWAYS APPEAR AT NIGHT.</li4) In some cases a warbling sound and a moving orange light precede the circle appearance. Other cases cited a whooshing sound.
- 5) The crops affected by the circle are sometimes “woven” in a basket weave pattern.
- 6) The affected crops are bent in a more nearly horizontal position and continue to grow in that position for a considerable time after the circle manifestation.
- 7) The affected crops are bent as if the plant cells were “melted”. Microscopic examination shows no fracturing or breaking of plant cells indicative of forced bending.
We have a multiplicity of facts to consider which, when taken together, show a most interesting hypothesis as to a probable cause.
Before going into the hypothesis, let me first state that circular patterns have been associated with UFO sightings for many years before Man began launching rockets and satellites into space.
A specific case is that of Billy Meier in Switzerland. Videotapes of the patterns left at alleged landing sights have three primary features which correlate exactly with the crop circles. These are :
- 1) A swirling pattern (always circular) appears in grass.
- 2) The grass grows in the swirling pattern for several months AFTER the alleged landing.
- 3) Many of the sites are in secluded and highly remote areas, some impossible to access with a vehicle.
Prior to the last 3 to 5 years, no UFO trace landing site had shown evidence of any pattern beyond simple circles.
Since the inception of SDI (the Star Wars program), Man has had the capability of projecting high intensity laser beams followed immediately by EXTREMELY high electrical charges aimed at targets on the planet.
SDI uses very high intensity lasers (EXCIMER LASERS) to generate and project these beams of UltraViolet light.
High intensity UV light cohered into laser beams IONIZES the air through which the beam passes thus creating a conducting path.
How Star Wars works
The idea is :
- 1) to build up a very high electrical charge in the satellite,
- 2) target a structure from space using a weak UV laser
- 3) increase the amplitude of the UV laser beam until a highly ionized path is created from the satellite to the target
- 4) this ionized path acts as an electrical conductor much like a wire being thrown from the satellite to the target
- 5) the electrical energy is then transferred to the laser beam path which passes the artificial “lightning” to the target
- 6) as the electrical energy passes into the target, the molecules are electrostatically repelled with explosive velocities causing the target to explode.
The SDI Circle Hypothesis
All cells contain DNA and RNA among other things. These two complex molecules are especially sensitive to UV frequencies in the range of 260 NM.
In addition, cells can be “denatured” or “melted” when exposed to temperatures in the range of 73 to 77 degrees Celsius. This causes the ladder-like structure of the DNA/RNA to begin to separate.
This is one of the reasons high energy sources are so dangerous to living systems. The energy causes micro-heating in the DNA/RNA which partially “melts” the tissues.
When the heating is removed (and depending on the degree of melting), the DNA/RNA will revert to the original mirror symmetry pattern.
This is not always a perfect reversion to the original pattern however. Sometimes the patterns are so distorted as to produce mutations in the form of cancer and other diseases.
Plants also are made up of cells. If these cells are subjected to a high intensity UV laser, heating occurs causing the plants to melt like plastic at their weakest point, i.e. the stalk.
Two dimensional laser displays rely on a device known as an acousto- optic modulator. This is simply a front surface mirror (reflecting only from the exposed side) which vibrates on either an X or a Y axis.
When the modulator is driven by a sufficiently fast device (like a computer), the laser beam can be reflected off the mirror to paint a picture on any surface. The flatter the surface (and the more perpendicular to the beam), the more perfect the reproduction of the intended image.
If a UV laser were to be properly directed from a space satellite (intended to be used for SDI purposes), it could quite easily “paint” a picture on earth or crops.
Only the crops within the beam would be sufficiently melted to cause the bending effect. That is why microscopic examination of the stalk shows no tearing or cellular rupture as it would be if bent by force.
Now as to the swirling effect of the crop patterns. Anytime a charged air mass is moved, it must necessarily move air with it. This effect is used commercially for the production of sound from electrostatic speakers.
When the UV laser is being rapidly directed from the satellite, the air WILL follow the pattern and effectively push the crops into the desired direction while they are under the “melting/denaturation” process.
This sudden moving of air from a moving electrostatic column would cause a whooshing sound.
Also, the moving orange light could quite well be an electrical effect in the form of a plasma.
Some of our group find it quite humorous to think that some of the SDI people would be playing such an elaborate prank using such a sophisticated means of application.
Chuck Henderson even suggested that the work might be that of one or more “hackers” who had broken the access and command codes for the SDI satellite.
The intriguing thing about the crop circles is that to date, ALL sightings PRIOR to the SDI project; NEVER involved complex geometries or patterns beyond a circle shape.
This would follow the UFO landing site theory, that is any pattern found within the circle could be landing gear or some other attachment of which we currently know nothing. Note that no lines or other complex patterns were EVER found before SDI.
I understand that some people had voiced the opinion that “if the circles are the work of an intelligent force, then the pattern would be more complex.”
Another comment was to the effect that “lines or geometric patterns would be highly indicative of an intelligence at work.”
Damned if within the next couple of weeks, lines and more complex patterns began showing up. Just as if some SDI (or hacker) had read or heard the media report of such a comment and courteously “obliged” the request.
I (Decker) cannot help but find a great deal of humor in the MAJORITY of UFO cases over the past few years. Between the outrageous abductions and the claims of greys eating humans, it is getting out of hand, even exceeding my credulity (which has been said to be pretty outrageous).
The TV show “America’s Funniest Home Videos” had a segment which I thought perfectly depicted the majority of UFO “believers” of today.
A viewer took his video camera to the zoo and trained it on a group of penguins standing in front of a dimly lit wall. He then played a very tight flashlight beam on the wall and moved it back and forth. Each time, the penguins would follow as if it were food or something of interest.
A most hilarious effect, much like my cat following a laser beam. He would even go so far as to hurt himself while jumping to “catch” the moving light.
At any rate, now that there is a somewhat logical hypothesis which matches and explains a good deal of the phenomena, we can figure out a means of proving it.
How to Prove the SDI Circle Hypothesis
Two techniques for detecting the signs of the UV laser would take the following form :
Technique 1 – use of a camera to automatically record the phenomena
- 1) proper filtration and the use of a film sensitive to UV wavelengths would record the “spotlight” of the beam as it swept the ground
- 2) multiple consecutive and rapid exposures of the UV sensitive film should be made to record the movement of the beam as it traces the pattern
Technique 2 – cloud beam detectors
- 1) pressurized containers containing a powder or gas which emitted visible light in the presence of UV wavelengths
- 2) these containers would be triggered to emit large clouds of powder and show the presence of the beam
- 3) once the beams were detected, video cameras could tape the clouds and show the moving beam presence and pattern (depending on the speed)
Detection of the presence of the UV laser beam
- 1) the whooshing sound creating by the moving air as a result of the “scanned” beam could be used as a trigger
- 2) the abrupt change in the electrostatic potential due to the establishment of the conducting path in the immediate area could be used as a trigger
- 3) human spotters to monitor for changes in the ambiance of the area and manually trigger the recording devices
One of the reasons I dissociated with ACTIVE participation with the UFO movement was the gullibility of many of the people involved as well as the ridiculousness of many of the stories.
I have met people who have spent as much as 30 years of their lives studying this phenomenon without ONE SHRED OF PHYSICAL PROOF.
After this happens to you several times, you look at the person and think, “How could you throw away your life on such Bullshit!” (Some would say the same about KeelyNets’ quest for ‘free energy’, ‘gravity control’ and ‘electronic health’ methods.)
Not for ME, I want to make VALID, REPRODUCIBLE contributions in the form of increased understanding for myself and others, preferably taking the form of machines or infallible techniques.
Let’s face it, much of the WOOFY (airy-fairy) science and much of the New Age stuff is pure BS. If we can’t build a machine to prove it, or have others duplicate the effect, then IT AIN’T WORTH SCREWING WITH!
Don’t blow your life down the tube, be CRITICAL, be ANALYTICAL and read WIDELY so you can see overlapping patterns. ASK for proof, don’t take someone’s word that they can levitate or communicate telepathically, or astrally project, or whatever.
If they ask for a “love donation” and they haven’t done any physical phenomena or shown a working device to produce an unusual effect, tell them to piss off and get a job.
Forgive my somewhat negative comments, but on reading this paper, I can’t help but to stress the value of HEALTHY SKEPTICISM.
I am sending a copy of this paper to the Koestler Foundation who is offering a 5,000 pound reward and the Sunday Mirror who is offering a 10,000 pound reward to anyone who can fully explain the enigma.
You never know, it might win and COULD WE EVER DO SOMETHING WITH THAT MONEY!!!
written by Jerry W. Decker
in the interest of outrageousness…