October 15, 1990
listed on KeelyNet as UFO5.ZIP
If you should happen to have an encounter with a UFO, the following
guidelines will provide help…..
1. Remain calm and don’t panic.
2. Do NOT attempt to approach the craft if it is on the ground
or hovering at a low altitude. There have been many cases
in which witnesses have heat and/or radiation burns from
approaching too close to a craft.
3. Do NOT attempt to make contact with any of the craft’s
occupants. Your intentions may be mistaken as an act of
4. REPORT YOUR SIGHTING. By all means report what you have
seen, but don’t bother reporting it to the Air Force, the
FBI, or local Police. These organizations maintain there
are no UFO’s and as such will simply file your report away.
Instead report your sighting to a UFO organization such as
CUFON, UFORN, MUFON, CAUS, or any of a dozen other UFO
groups. Chances are these organizations will send a “field
investigator” to personally sit down with you and discuss
5. If possible, take a picture of the craft with a camera.
DON’T use a flash.
A flash on an ordinary camera is only good for about 20
feet and all you will accomplish is letting the UFO know
exactly where you are (if it didn’t know already.)
6. Note if possible the exact time of the sighting. This will
aid in determining the duration of the sighting. Also look
around for familiar objects that you can use to estimate
the size of the craft.
7. Notice if possible any unusual colors or shape of the
craft, did the craft produce any sound and if so what was
8. Notice if possible any related effects caused by the craft,
i.e. electrical malfunctions of electronic devices (car
ignition, radios, etc). Look for ground effects such as
dust being blown about beneath the craft.
9. After the craft has left look for any “Traces.”
A trace would be any physical sign the craft was there,
i.e. flattened grass, unusual soil patterns etc.
DON’T TOUCH ANY AREA THAT HAS SIGNS OF BEING A TRACE, leave
that to the UFOlogist.
10. As quickly as possible write down exactly what you saw or
dictate it into a tape recorder.
As time passes the memory of exact detail may fade.
This file courtesy of the Darkside at 314-644-6705