Close Encounters of the First Kind: 1942 , 1952

Continuing the early part of the 20th century, a variety of reports were made that presented a lot of military details in their documentation. Some were viewed about the West Coast, while others occurred overseas. In this article, we will take a look at some of the Close Encounters of the First Kind accounts that took place between 1942 and 1952.


February 24th and February 25th of 1942 brought about a series of reports that dealt took place at the same time as a West Coast air raid, where a host of unidentified objects in the air caused the military to respond. Thousands of anti-aircraft rounds were fired into the sky, which also led to the elevation of the wartime alert status at that time. What ever could it had been to cause such a stir? In 1944, various military air crews stationed across the globe repeatedly documented the sighting of colorful spheres in the air.


From 1946 and beyond, staff with the Swedish Defense drew concern when unidentified objects that held the same characteristics as cruise missiles were repeatedly sighted in the sky. These objects were later dubbed “ghost rockets, ” which made their presence known all over the Scandinavian region. In 1948, a variety of military bases positioned in the United States experienced an array of “green fireballs,” which prompted an official investigation to become launched regarding the incident. In 1949, an astronomer by the name of Clyde Tombaugh submitted a report regarding a strange sighting he could not identify.


As the 1950s rolled around, the decade experienced an active UFO report period that dealt with a variety of Close Encounters of the First Kind accounts. Sighted over Great Falls, Montana, the Mariana UFO Incident was born in 1950. The event was so popular that national media outlets latched onto the details of the occurrence, especially since the public was quite interested in learning more about UFOs and the unknown. An individual, who was moved to grab his 16 mm movie camera and film the sight, spotted bright lights.


The results of the videographer took place over the course of 16 seconds, which provided color objects, but lacked sound. The interest and attention that the film gained even prompted the Air Force to conduct their own investigation. Many discrepancies surfaced, which included missing frames and the movement captured on the film. To this day, the film still sparks interest with the public.


Two years later, the Carson Sink Case was born. In the western part of Nevada, a UFO sighting was said to take place, which also became a noteworthy incident because of the credibility that the witnesses possessed. The men who sighted the unexplainable event were quite reliable as they were two command pilots for the United States Air Force, who were quite experienced in their craft.


Also in 1952, a host of sightings that showed through on radar caught the attention of Washington, DC, which moved the CIA to form an organization called the Robertson Panel, which was created to identify and explain the slew of UFO reports that were making headlines throughout the nation.