Last Updated on May 26, 2020 by admin
Just like the yoga of movement, there is yoga of sound. In popular terms, the latter involves chanting, an ancient technique connecting the humans with not only with the spirit but also to the entire cosmos. When you chant, it produces vibrations such that one feels one with the entire universe. This is perhaps the science behind why chanting makes one feel centered and peaceful.
One of the most popular chants is of ‘OM’. However, the biggest misconception people have is that OM is religious, and that it is of Hindus. On the contrary, it is the only universal syllable, as it never refers to any specific religion or God. Until now, several theories have surfaced for recognizing and understanding the OM mantra. Of all, the common and popular explanation is that it is the cosmic sound that triggered the creation of universe, as proved by the big bang theory.
The syllable is divine, as it makes one feel one with the cosmos. Although much has been churned to make OM the traditional and most divine mantra of Hindus, the syllable is actually a non-Hindu origin that has scientific impact on body, mind, and soul. Well, this impact is 100% positive and is evident in the form of the benefits explained below.
- Removal of toxins from the body
- Better immunity, self-healing power
- Improved vocal cord
- Strengthened muscles, especially during old age
- Removal of sinus symptoms by opening the pores through the generation of vibrations and sound felt in sinus and vocal cord
- Normalized blood pressure
- Improved heart health
- Increased energy in case fatigue is experienced
- Increased health of spinal cord, as the vibrations generated are supported by it
- Better thyroid and throat condition
- Improved metabolism
- Cleansed skin
- Activated body parts, when the person rubs hands while chanting and then moves on the dormant ones (activates stomach, spine, throat, nasal, and brain sequentially, as the energy moves up to the brain)
- Boosts positive thinking, as the vibrations created are all positive
- Deep relaxation, as the brain taps into its alpha (brainwave pattern) meditational state
- Increased concentration as well as focus
- Better control over emotions
- Lasting peace of mind
- Cleanses the aura
- Deeper penetration inside toward the soul if chanting is done with full faith and for a longer time
Apart from the above benefits, the chanting of ‘OM’ purifies the surroundings around, which means the environment is fully charged with positive energy. This is beneficial not only for you but also for those who are around you. In short, chanting only ‘OM’ and no other mantra can bring an all-embracing assortment of benefits.